ASDF 3.1.5 test suite issues on ACL (8.2 and 10.0 GM)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:30:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It's definitely not that:
>>
>> ;; Current reader case mode: :case-sensitive-lower
>> cl-user(1): (user-homedir-pathname)
>> #P"C:\\Users\\layer\\"
>> cl-user(2):
>>
> OK. Do you have anything else in your environment that would interfere?
>   env | grep -i 'appdata|xdg_'
>
> Can you (trace uiop:xdg-cache-home uiop:xdg-data-home uiop:getenv
> uiop:resolve-location uiop:resolve-absolute-location
> uiop:resolve-relative-location) in between loading asdf and using it
> (with e.g. (asdf:make "asdf")) to narrow down what in
> uiop/configuration.lisp is going awry for your cache configuration?

Actually, since the user-cache is computed while asdf is loading, this
won't suffice.
Can you do the following:

(load "build/asdf.lisp")
(trace uiop:xdg-cache-home uiop:xdg-data-home uiop:getenv
uiop:resolve-location uiop:resolve-absolute-location
uiop:resolve-relative-location)
(format t "*UC*: ~S~%(CUC): ~S~%" uiop:*user-cache*
(uiop/configuration::compute-user-cache))

The only difference between a military and a terrorist often is that the
former lives off taxes taken by force from the population, whereas the latter
only aspires to it.