ASDF 3.1.5 test suite issues on ACL (8.2 and 10.0 GM)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:15:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 3:11 AM, Kevin Layer <layer at franz.com> wrote:
>>> I suspect any problem Kevin had were related to Allegro somehow having
>>> (user-homedir-pathname) incorrectly returning NIL in their test
>>> configuration.
>
> It's definitely not that:
>
> ;; Current reader case mode: :case-sensitive-lower
> cl-user(1): (user-homedir-pathname)
> #P"C:\\Users\\layer\\"
> cl-user(2):

OK. Do you have anything else in your environment that would interfere?
  env | grep -i 'appdata|xdg_'

Can you (trace uiop:xdg-cache-home uiop:xdg-data-home uiop:getenv
uiop:resolve-location uiop:resolve-absolute-location
uiop:resolve-relative-location) in between loading asdf and using it
(with e.g. (asdf:make "asdf")) to narrow down what in
uiop/configuration.lisp is going awry for your cache configuration?

> I'll test tomorrow with 3.1.5.7 and let you know what I find.

Thanks. Meanwhile, fixes for ECL, MKCL, Lispworks have pushed us to 3.1.5.10.

>>> I committed in 3.1.5.8 another fix for uiop:run-program on ECL, see
>>> https://gitlab.com/embeddable-common-lisp/ecl/issues/149 and though it
>>> looks like to me I didn't break anything (and fixed it on MKCL, too),
>>> this requires re-testing on all platforms, particularly on Windows
>>> (sigh).
>
> Just to be clear, what branch should I use for my testing?  master?
> Something else?

Usually, I would have recommended release.
Today, let's do master. :-(
(You can also use minimakefile, though it requires installing ccl or
massaging the scripts to use allegro instead)

> As soon as I can get a version that passes tests, I'll be happy to
> release it as a patch on 8.2, 9.0 and 10.0.

Thanks.

There are two types of people in the world:
People who think there are two kinds of people, and people who don't.