trouble with :also-exclude

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 18:02:53 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Attila Lendvai <attila at lendvai.name> wrote:
>> For this to apply to your ~/common-lisp/ you'd have to list
>> ~/common-lisp/ explicitly, and then :ignore-inherited-configuration to
>> avoid the regular entry for ~/common-lisp/ and then explicitly include
>> any configuration you'd like to inherit anyway.
>
> ouch.
>
> is there any other way to tell :tree to ignore some branches?
>
> it would be useful both for optimization, and also for dealing with
> different versions of the same system. in my original config my
> hand-written scanner was e.g. ignoring _foo directories, so i could
> just rename dirs to use a different version.
>
> i'd like to use a default config with as little interference as
> possible, so i don't want to just shadow all the
> /etc/common-lisp/... configs.

Well, if you do it early during your build and/or after clearing any
asdf state, you can modify
*default-source-registry-exclusions* and add your changes there.

People are not born rich and become poor because of some dreadful phenomenon.
They are born deprived of anything and become rich when they do but by the
accumulated fruits of their own and their ancestors' labor: their capital.