Suggestions for procedure going forward

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Thu Nov 19 05:55:29 UTC 2015

On 11/18/15 Nov 18 -11:33 PM, Steven Núñez wrote:
> With git you can, and usually do, have many branches, including personal ones. The pull request will be against a specific branch. I only read this message of the thread, so hope I'm answering the right question. Github has some good tutorials.

Well the question isn't really about having many branches.  The question
is what happens when you have stable and development branches, and you
want to "jump" the stable branch to mark retiring an old stable version
and starting a new one?  Doesn't that involve a nasty merge or rebase?

I can do some research, but I was hoping someone knew the answer....