Suggestions for procedure going forward

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 21:32:29 UTC 2015

OK, so here is a concrete proposal for branch names:
* "master" for the latest uncontroversial developments, which will become 3.2
* various topic branches to hold controversial or incomplete changes
* "release" for the latest release, which will remain 3.1 then become 3.2
* "3.1" for work continued work on ASDF 3.1 after master becomes 3.2
* "release-3.1" for stable releases of ASDF 3.1 after release becomes 3.2

Evolution competitively selects stable cooperative patterns.