New version of ASDF pushed

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue May 19 03:52:09 UTC 2015

>> Actually, I don't think there's anything new asdf that warrants a feature,
>> so I'd add a uiop feature only (and uiop has evolved enough since 2.27
>> that a feature could help, especially considering that at least
>> quicklisp distributes uiop without asdf). I believe uiop/driver.lisp
>> is the correct place for the pushnew.
>
> OK. Should we at some point define a stable UIOP feature set, and just
> bump to 3.0 as a new stable point?

I suppose whenever you release 3.2 (hopefully this year) is the best time
to decree that whatever is in UIOP is the new stable point, and then to apply
"usual" deprecation policies to any API change.

Of course, it would be nice if deprecation support functions were made
part of UIOP
before this happens, though not strictly necessary.

During the Bikini operations, a discussion arose as to what weapons would be
used in the next war–atom bombs, germs, rockets.
“I don’t know what weapons will be used in the next war,” a young Army
lieutenant interrupted, “but in the war after the next one, surer than hell
they’ll be using bows and arrows and spears.” — Joe Laitin in Frontpage, 1946