EXPECTED test failures & clisp

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Thu May 7 15:12:51 UTC 2015

Do we have a way of indicating that we expect a test to fail?

There's a string in the output that talks about "Unexpected test
failures in..." but I am not sure if there's actually any notion of
expected vs. unexpected test failure.  IIRC in the past when I knew a
test would fail I just used reader macros to make sure it wouldn't run.

This is actually not as good as having the test run but not cause a failure.

I ask because I get test failures in clisp on run-program, because
somehow clisp lets the common-lisp prompt leak into the output of
running a program.  So I get something like

("[4]> hello, world") instead of ("hello, world")

IIRC this is a known clisp problem, and may even be fixed in the clisp
source. But there hasn't been a clisp release for almost five years now,
and I don't intend to build it from source.

With no releases since 2010, IMO clisp is only "living dead," and
possibly simply "dead."