Ding dong the witch is dead!

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:29:08 UTC 2015

Dear lispers,

with the recent release of LispWorks 7 (congratulations to the
LispWorks team!), each and every maintained CL implementation now
provides ASDF 3, and ASDF 2 can be declared officially dead. Adieu,
ASDF 2, you served your purpose, but you won't be missed.

I propose that free software libraries (including ASDF itself) may
safely assume ASDF 3 everywhere and drop support for ASDF 2 or
earlier.

Note: I didn't count GCL as an actively maintained CL implementation,
which is only slightly harsh.
Maintained (and ship with asdf 3): abcl ccl clasp clisp cmucl ecl mkcl
sbcl allegro lispworks
Unmaintained (but have worked at some point with asdf): gcl mcl xcl
cormanlisp genera mocl scl

https://youtu.be/PHQLQ1Rc_Js

"Computer programming is omnipotence without omniscience."
        — Prospero, as cited by Eliezer Yudkowsky