Problem with ACL on windows & proposed fix

Faré fare at tunes.org
Sun Jun 28 18:06:30 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
> If my claim is correct, then an alternative patch is to:
>
> 1. Supply :FORCE-SHELL T in G-F-R-P
> 2. Change  %normalize-system-command to explicitly supply "CMD /C" on
> Windows + ACL.
>
> I think that might be more correct than making ACL always explicitly use
> "CMD /C", since always supply CMD.EXE would make it impossible for ACL +
> Windows to ever provide the simpler behavior, right?
>
> <sigh>I should have put this in a launchpad ticket</sigh>

Yes, I believe the reason I didn't add the cmd /c is because I wanted
to expose the ability to not use cmd /c, at which point we probably
should indeed somehow arrange for it to be explicitly used in this
case. — then test case, not the code, is wrong (though the code is
still wrong for the :force-shell t case if that case fails to add cmd
/c without our asking — I didn't check).

PS: note that nothing is guaranteed to exist in /bin except /bin/sh
itself. Indeed, nothing else exists on NixOS.

— Question authority!
— Yeah, says who?