Problem with ACL on windows & proposed fix

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Sun Jun 28 17:54:10 UTC 2015

On 6/28/15 Jun 28 -12:44 PM, edgar wrote:
> Am Sun, 28 Jun 2015 12:22:10 -0500
> schrieb Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net>:
>
>> On 6/27/15 Jun 27 -11:40 PM, Faré wrote:
>>> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Robert Goldman
>> why does (RUN-PROGRAM '("pwd" "-P")) work on Unix variants?  Doesn't
>> pwd require a shell?
>
> At least here on Debian Linux there exist the external binary versions
> /bin/echo and /bin/pwd additionally to the built-in shell commands.

Thank you. I mistakenly looked only in /usr/bin.

Fixed...  This means that G-F-R-P was correct all along: because pwd is
a runnable program, we don't need to specify :FORCE-SHELL for Unix
variants.  Because the Windows command is a string, instead of a list,
we don't have to force a shell.

And there's /bin/pwd on Mac OS X, too.