The dictatorship of versioning

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Tue Jun 16 13:28:13 UTC 2015

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> I kind of like the general idea of Pascal's proposal: separate a
> human-readable-version-string from an asdf-comparable-version-string.
> The exact names are to be determined. Maybe, by analogy with name and
> long-name, description and long-description, we could make that
> version (used by ASDF) and long-version (used by humans).

  Works for me, as long as it is also possible to delegate comparison to
  the concerned system. Or, you adopt my personal versioning scheme :-D.

--
My new Jazz CD entitled "Roots and Leaves" is out!
Check it out: http://didierverna.com/records/roots-and-leaves.php

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info