Almost there

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 13:34:31 UTC 2015

>> We did add better immutable-system support thanks to Dave Cooper,
>
> is this meant to be the final public API (an exported global variable
> that holds a hashtable)?

The final API is
(register-immutable-system "foo")
and, I suppose,
(sysdef-immutable-system-search "foo")
though I forgot to export said function... fixed.

> maybe a simple defun SYSTEM-MUTABLE-P and a setf variant would be better?

Maybe. I'll let Robert decide if he wants a way to make a system
mutable no more.
Up until now, the usage scenario was that systems would transition one
way only from mutable to immutable,
as you prepare an image for delivery.

Uniquely in us, nature opens her eyes and sees that she exists.
        — Raymond Tallis (1946–)