[Asdf-devel] Fwd: ASDF test failure on MKCL linux

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:30:37 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jean-Claude Beaudoin <jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Asdf-devel] ASDF test failure on MKCL linux
To: "rpgoldman at sift.net" <rpgoldman at sift.net>

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:

> After disabling test-try-refinding, I get two more test failures on MKCL:

> The former looks like some disagreement between ASDF and MKCL about what
> extended MKCL system initialization arguments are permitted.  Is it also
> an MKCL bug, or is it our fault?  If it's our fault, so be it.
> Otherwise, I believe that instead of turning some tests on and off on
> MKCL (and potentially forgetting to re-enable them), I would rather
> simply drop MKCL testing until such time as these bugs are fixed.
>
> Thoughts?

Nothing jumps at me from what you are describing here.
So as a matter of principle I will approach this second report as separate
problem
until it can be clearly established otherwise.

I guess I will have to simply go through the ASDF test suite on my own and
work
each problem in turn until they all get resolved.  That's on my list of
things to do
in the coming hours.  Until I get back to you with the fixes it is probably
not very
useful for you to keep on testing on MKCL.

But, in any case, be assured that I value your bug reports very highly.

Thanks,

Jean-Claude