[Asdf-devel] ASDF test failure on MKCL linux

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Oct 6 21:38:36 UTC 2014

After disabling test-try-refinding, I get two more test failures on MKCL:

test-program:

; Registering #<SYSTEM "hello-world-example">
TEST ABORTED: Error while trying to load definition for system
hello-world-example from pathname /home/rpg/common-lisp/asd\
f/test/hello-world-example.asd: Unknown initialization option
:EPILOGUE-CODE for class #<The STANDARD-CLASS SYSTEM 7059894\

test-try-recompiling-1:

Caught error Component "try-reloading-dependency" not found, required by

             #<SYSTEM "try-reloading-1">

trlc1 5

Running test-retry-loading-component-1.script with mkcl-1.1.10-linux-x64

Caught error Component "try-reloading-dependency" not found, required by

             #<SYSTEM "try-reloading-1">

TEST ABORTED: Déjà vu

This seems to be another case where the same error is re-encountered.

The latter seems like an MKCL bug, perhaps the same bug as
test-try-refinding, where the wrong frame gets restarted.

The former looks like some disagreement between ASDF and MKCL about what
extended MKCL system initialization arguments are permitted.  Is it also
an MKCL bug, or is it our fault?  If it's our fault, so be it.
Otherwise, I believe that instead of turning some tests on and off on
MKCL (and potentially forgetting to re-enable them), I would rather
simply drop MKCL testing until such time as these bugs are fixed.

Thoughts?