[Asdf-devel] converting asdf build & test to Lisp

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue May 20 03:02:17 UTC 2014

Well, let's try this again.  I have looked more deeply, and it's amazing
what you have achieved.

I am left with my concerns about the interface that this scripting
offers, but maybe by adding cl-launch (to remove the makefile layer),
and providing better interaction for the user (completion +
documentation), we can get this to the point where it would be a good
solution.

A remaining problem is that now getting an ASDF development environment
starts to be more difficult.  How are we to manage installing the
dependencies if the ASDF development head is going to be *ahead* of the
state of Quicklisp (and, I believe now, *incompatibly* ahead)?

It was already difficult for me using the bump script, but most of the
makefile required only ASDF and a standard Linux or Mac +
MacPorts|Homebrew install. I'm just worried about circular dependencies
if we need to get a bunch of CL libraries to make this turn over.

Cheers,