[asdf-devel] Make the CL syntax predictable

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 22:05:21 UTC 2014

> You’re quoting me out of context. If deterministic by default had no
> cost associated with it, it would clearly be the desirable
> choice. But it has a cost associated with it, so this is less
> clear.

am i right to assume here that the costs we are talking about is
merely adding markers to those few already existing defsystem's that
depend on leakage, or depend on non-portable (read: random) defaults?

because that "it has a cost associated with it" above sounds like some
serious pain...

> If I failed to convince you that this is the case, and that other
> people may have other preferences, then I apologize.

reading from this side of the screen your preference seems to be to
have change in what you like (new goodies coming from qicklisp), but
not in what you don't like (the primary build infrastructure of the
entire "community" maturing into something useful).

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39