[asdf-devel] Re: asdf/bundle and ECL prologue / epilogue

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 22:38:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone at all using asdf-bundle with ECL?

Well, I did hack that bundle thing, in the end.

If any ECL user uses the bundle functionality, please contact the
asdf-devel mailing-list.
* prologue and epilogue functionality was restored from asdf3,
  but a new mechanism is in place going forward to attach them to the system
  rather than the operation, which is flaky. Or is that functionality superseded
  by the portable initialization hooks of ASDF3 ?
* in general, passing flags through operations is flaky — does anyone
rely on that?
  if you do, more love is required, and probably further refactoring
to do it differently.
  If you don't, the feature should be deleted.
* the class hierarchy has changed.
* binary-op has been renamed to deliver-asd-op, same for monolithic-
* an new image-op was created.

After this and some more debugging and testing both asdf and
cl-launch, a flurry of corner cases have been fixed in the portability
layer. While I was at it, I implemented argv0, which should help
buildapp's dispatched-entry become more portable (except to abcl).

As of 3.1.0.83 (!), all tests pass on Linux x64 on:
ccl clisp sbcl cmucl allegro allegromodern lispworks ecl_bytecodes scl
ecl abcl xcl

No man would listen to you talk if he didn't know it was his turn next.
                — Edgar Watson Howe