[asdf-devel] asdf/bundle and ECL prologue / epilogue

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 18:39:11 UTC 2014

Is anyone at all using asdf-bundle with ECL?

It looks like the prologue and epilogue support were casualties of
some operation canonicalization. Also, the way the flags are or aren't
propagated to sub-operations is misdesigned. Finally, it seems like
prologue and epilogue ought to be part of the system, not of the
operation — and they are possibly superseded by ASDF3's image support.

If anyone is using these features, please contact me ASAP. Otherwise,
I'm going to commit into asdf/bundle whatever I believe makes sense.

(Bug found through thorough testing of cl-launch.)

And of course, please fix that bug that breaks building a program in recent ECL:
https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/bugs/285/

Politicians are like diapers: they must be changed often.
And for the same reasons. [Also, adults don't need either of them. — Faré]