[asdf-devel] Re: Make the CL syntax predictable

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:20:23 UTC 2014

    Fare> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
    >> Fare, if femlisp configures *read-default-float-format*
    >> why does it fail with your ASDF change? Do you restore standard
    >> CL syntax around every file compilation?
    Fare> Yes I do, although I just committed a change to override
    Fare> *read-default-float-format* to 'double-float, which I believe is more
    Fare> useful.

I disagree that that is more useful. While I almost always use
doubles, there are lots of reasons to use singles. Just because I like
doubles doesn't mean we're right and everyone else is wrong.

If you must choose a value, it should be 'single-float, because that
is the CL default.

I also tend to agree with Robert. asdf is a make, not a lint+make.

Ray