[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 22:39:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:
> Can I set CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY to a value that deactivates all "default" paths? Then I don't care what the default is...

Yes, the example I gave you did that:

export CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY=~/lisp//

As you can see with (asdf::parse-source-registry-string
"/home/tunes/lisp//"), it expands to:
(:SOURCE-REGISTRY (:TREE "/home/tunes/lisp")
 (:IGNORE-INHERITED-CONFIGURATION))

The double-slash "//" is significative: it means recurse through the directory.

Those readers who do want to inherit the configuration should just add
a colon ":" at the end
— or a semi-colon, if using Windows:
export CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY=~/lisp//:

Alternatively, you can put this in your
~/.config/common-lisp/source-registry.conf:
(:source-registry (:tree (:home "lisp")) :ignore-inherited-configuration)

Just because your semi-free country government is evil doesn't mean "native"
governments have a right to exist and enslave "their" people. — Faré