[asdf-devel] force vs force-not

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:31:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> This has always been my impression, as well: force-not serves to block force, so should have precedence. I am pretty sure there is a launchpad ticket discussing this. I would be happy to get a patch in to that effect before our long-awaited release.
>
> P.S. I have substantially expanded the number of nodes in the manual, improving the cross-referencing. Had a crisis at work, so couldn't quite finish this (I would like to do one more end-to-end edit), but then consider us good to go.

Well, you saw it clearer than I did, then. My apologies for not
getting whatever explanations you gave.

Also, if I understand Erik Pearson's use-case, there might usefully be
a special variable that gets to be the default value of :force-not,
say, *frozen-systems*, something.

I leave that to you.

A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.
[A co-mathematician is a machine for converting cotheorems into fee.]