[asdf-devel] Fixing asdf-sytem-connections

Liam Healy liam at healy.washington.dc.us
Sat Mar 8 20:30:06 UTC 2014

I am using asdf-system-connections and notice a glitch in its design. As
the original author no longer maintains it, I'm try to fix this myself.
This system is designed to allow the loading of a connected system (say
"A") automatically when two or more dependent systems (say "B" and "C") are
loaded. The problem I'm encountering is that when another system (say "D")
is defined to depend on B and C, then A is not loaded until after D is done
defines a function load-connected-systems which does the work of loading
the connected system definitions, but this is called from a new #'operate
:after method which apparently doesn't get called until A is done loading.

I am looking for a place from which to call load-connected-systems that
will trigger its call as soon as it's able, i.e., immediately once both "B"
and "C" are loaded. I'm not familiar with the internals of ASDF and wonder
if someone can guide me to a good place to define this.

Thanks,
Liam