[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Thu Mar 13 04:03:09 UTC 2014

I am sorry, but I promise you that this will NOT be consistent with XDG. I have no idea why those people think it's a good idea to put files in directories where ls cannot find them.

ASDF already has a deeply-nested, invisible-to-ls location that is XDG compliant where you can put your files if that's what floats your boat.

It was writing a description of where to put your files in this XDG-compliant location that convinced me that we needed an alternative that was obvious and easily accessible.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm not a fan of this standard! :-)