[asdf-devel] Re: resetting asdf configuration

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Mar 13 20:30:19 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:
>>> I see that your latest edit of the ASDF manual failed to include @node surgery
>>> (why can't @node's be automatically updated by emacs or some other tool???)
>> I wonder if you are actually getting the head, or if my push somehow
>> failed.  I just did
>>
>> git diff 3.1.0.94 master doc/asdf.texinfo
>>
>> and that shows many changes to the node structure.
>>
> Yes, there were some changes, but incomplete, and make doc is failing for me.
>
> make -C doc
[..snip..]
> make[1]: *** [asdf.html] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tunes/cl/asdf/doc'
> make: *** [doc] Error 2

Interesting.  For me this completes successfully:
 $ make -C doc
makeinfo --html asdf.texinfo
rpg at rpgoldman-4: ~/lisp/asdf $

When I go to do this by hand,

makeinfo --html --no-split asdf.texinfo
makeinfo --pdf asdf.texinfo
and
makeinfo asdf.texinfo

work fine.

>> Node structure can be automatically updated by emacs's texinfo-mode.
>>
> How do you do it?

texinfo-update-every-node

on the menu bar typically -- I don't edit texinfo often enough to
remember the keyboard commands.

I think it's thanks to Didier Verna that I know this is possible.

Best,