[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 18:53:45 UTC 2014

> I think I will put "asdf" into the pathname, per our earlier discussion,
> so that we don't step on pre-existing paths.
>
> ~/asdf-local-paths/
>
> would work for me.

I really don't like including asdf in the name, especially since other
tools than asdf exist and may exist in the future, and will want to
share the common-lisp source code hierarchy.

~/local/common-lisp/ has the advantage of being clutter-limiting,
XDG-like if not strictly XDG, clean, etc., and just one character
longer than your proposal.

~/common-lisp/ is slightly more pretentious, but probably works, too.

~/cl/ is taking a lot of familiarity, and maybe I should keep it my
personal configuration rather than a recommended default.

> Squawks sooner rather than later, please.

Squawk, squawk!

*EULA: By reading or responding to this message you agree that all my stated
or unstated opinions are correct.* "EULA" — patent pending.