[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Wed Mar 12 15:17:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 10:04 -0500, Robert P. Goldman wrote:
> Stelian Ionescu wrote:
> > It's very easy not to have a default directory at all.
>
> I'm sorry, I don't agree that this claim is correct.

You don't agree that it's always easier not to do anything ? Really ?

> I have just pushed my current draft of the ASDF manual, and I urge you
> to read it.

I've read it.

> I think you will find that the configuration of the source search path
> is *very* complex, indeed too complex for a beginner.

If it's complex, simplify it. You'd piling more stuff on top of the
current behaviour.

> It's great for hackers with complex requirements, but there's too much
> to be read if you just want to make one or two simple systems.

Nowadays, it's very rare to want to make "one or two simple systems" and
not need additional dependencies, in which case better use QL.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix