[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Mar 12 15:04:03 UTC 2014

Stelian Ionescu wrote:
> It's very easy not to have a default directory at all.

I'm sorry, I don't agree that this claim is correct.  I have just pushed
my current draft of the ASDF manual, and I urge you to read it.

I think you will find that the configuration of the source search path
is *very* complex, indeed too complex for a beginner.  It's great for
hackers with complex requirements, but there's too much to be read if
you just want to make one or two simple systems.

Please do skim at least the first few pages, and I think you will see
what I mean.

Best,