[asdf-devel] Port of ASDF 3.1.0.94 to MKCL

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 19:35:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>wrote:

> Jean-Claude Beaudoin wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info
> > <mailto:rpgoldman at sift.info>> wrote:
> >
> >     Random minor question:
> >
> >     In bundle.lisp why the replacement of 'defsystem with
> >     'asdf/defsystem:defsystem?  Did something go wrong for you with the
> >     former?
> >

> > The "defsystem" symbol was interned in the wrong package, being read at
> > that point of the code into package "asdf/bundle". Package "asdf/bundle"
> > does
> > not use package "asdf/defsystem". All this resulting into a failure to
> > properly
> > expand the defsystem macro.
>
> So, in other words, the bundle code was buggy before, right?

You are quite right yourself.

> I wonder
> why we didn't see this....  What piece of your code exercised this?  I'd
> like to know so we can test.

The bundle facility is a central part of the MKCL build process. A large
part of what MKCL puts in its "contrib" sub-directory is built using it.

> >     Other than that, I didn't see anything in the diff.
> >

> > I hope that you mean that you didn't see anything *wrong* in the diff.
>
> You are quite right!
>
> I'll merge to master and tag this afternoon.
>
> Thanks,

P.S.: I took the liberty to CC the asdf-devel list since your initial
"defsystem" question had too, I left the CC out of my reply by simply not
paying enough attention to which reply button I clicked.on.