[Asdf-devel] (asdf:output-file 'asdf:monolithic-fasl-op ...) no longer working

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Tue Jul 29 18:53:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>
wrote:

> >  (asdf:output-file[s] 'asdf:monolithic-fasl-op ...)
> >
> > no longer works in 3.1.3 (at least on CCL/Linux).
>
> I'm sorry -- what does it mean that it no longer works?  It raises an
> error?  No such method?  Or does it return some default value?

it returns NIL.

> Question: what's the best fix here?  One possibility would be to simply
> smash the old names, since they provide only imperfect compatibility.

As far as I'm concerned, it could be done throwing a non-continuable error
which says "monolithic-fasl-op is deprecated and will be going away. Please
change from monolithic-fasl-op to monolithic-compile-bundle-op".

And after some time period simply delete the old names from the codebase.

This is relatively new functionality anyway, isn't it (introduced in ASDF3,
right)? Was anyone other than me even using monolithic-fasl-op?

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper