[asdf-devel] Tests completed

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 18:44:44 UTC 2014

> I would like to do the following:
>
> 1.  Add warnings as appropriate wrt changes in OPERATION hierarchy for
> code that extends OPERATION classes.

Not sure what you mean by "add warnings": issue an official
declaration warning people that code may break? Using the MOP to
detect code that uses defclass with operation as a superclass and
issue warnings? I mean, all known existing code has been fixed by now,
or never tested.

> 2.  Add warnings for people using ABCL or ECL + bundle-op on Mac OS.

The ABCL and ECL bugs... well, I'm not sure these configurations ever
worked, so it's no regression. But yes, it should be easy to detect
such a situation and issue a warning of a cerror might help the user
diagnose why his code is failing, e.g. in the failing perform method,
before the failure.

"Market Failure" has nothing to do with either Market or Failure, only with
whiny bullies demanding that others bend to their preferences, based on the
absurd belief that violence is a magic wand that yields coordination for free.