[asdf-devel] Would like to disable bundle-op on known not-working implementation X platform combinations

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Jan 3 15:29:03 UTC 2014

Per the principle of failing obviously, I propose to raise an error upon
attempts to use bundle-op with ECL or ABCL on Mac OSX.  The bundle-op
tests have been failing for me on those platforms for as long as I can
remember.

For ECL, at least, I believe this to be an implementation bug, having to
do with the Mac's 32-/64-bit hybrid architecture.  With the current
disarray in ECL maintenance, I don't see any signs of this being fixed.

For ABCL the cause of this issue is more mysterious, but it is still
persistent.

Unless someone squawks, where "squawks" includes "explains why this test
failure is specific to me or provides a proposed patch," I will make
that change.

Cheers,