[asdf-devel] Pushed version 3.1.0.52 -- first version with checks for OPERATION subclasses -- please test!

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:27:53 UTC 2014

> For the record, I still think this intentional breakage is a bad idea.
> In the short term, it causes a known inconvenience

FTR, i pulled asdf when i saw the request for testing, tried to build
our stuff, saw that iolib failed (a dependency), and then i decided to
git reset and stay there until others struggle through this, even
though we also have some operation subclasses.

there are situations when the least inconvenient and most productive
way of breaking backwards compatibility is by starting with a clean
slate.

> PS: I used to avoid committing spaces at end of line.
> I see that you have some.

emacs has nice tools to show lose whitespace (see the varaible
whitespace-style and there are some faces, too).

it even has automatic cleanup, but that can be too intrusive when
working on other people's code.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39