[asdf-devel] testing uiop:enable-deferred-warnings-check with cl-test-grid

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Feb 12 16:10:07 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:
> I believe the issue is that our "negative inheritance" trick causes us
> to attempt a downward-operation on components that don't have
> children.
>
> How do regular downward-operations manage to stop? Answer: by being
> specialized on parent-component.

In the past, we achieved this termination by adding default methods
(perhaps defined on COMPONENT or on T), that would terminate the recursion.

E.g., TEST-OP originally had a default PERFORM method that would do
nothing, so that TEST-OP wouldn't blow up on downward propagation of
dependencies....

cheers,