[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Feb 28 04:30:30 UTC 2014

How would you all feel about an alternate default location for lisp
systems, in addition to

~/.local/share/common-lisp/source/

I'm sure that .local was chosen out of the (in)finite wisdom of XDG, but
it just seems odd to me to hide the lisp systems from the user, which we
are doing by putting them in a location that requires ls -a.

After all, these are systems, not configuration files.

What about ~/asdf-systems which doesn't make the poor user play peekaboo?

I came across this while editing the manual. I don't use this directory
myself; maybe everyone loves it.  Or maybe no one uses the standard
default, and I shouldn't care.

Cheers,