[asdf-devel] how to add one more directory to an initialized registry?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:56:54 UTC 2014

>> You must be confusing *source-registry* and *source-registry-parameter*.
>> The former is the cache after searching the various paths, and is private.
>> The latter is the parameter provided to initialize-source-registry,
>> and is exported specifically so that users may introspect what a another
>> part of the program previous provided, and incrementally modify it.
>> That's a feature that was requested by several users
>> before I implemented it and exported the variable.
>
> Is this written up somewhere (e.g., launchpad)?*

Not that I know.

> If you can point me to such a description, I will add it to the manual.

The previous message is as close as you'll get to a description, I fear.

> Currently, there's no docstring, nor is the variable mentioned in the
> manual.

That's a bug :-( Sorry.

> only retrieve messages from the archive with a precise designator.  I
> have no idea how to search the archive now.  :-(

If you search asdf-devel on google, you'll find that gmane and other
mirror services have searchable archives.

"A society that puts equality — in the sense of equality of outcome —
ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom.
The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom,
and the force, introduced for good purposes, will end up in the hands
of people who use it to promote their own interests."
	— Milton Friedman