[asdf-devel] One failure on ASDF 3.1.0.70 on Allegro/Windows

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:29:57 UTC 2014

> Please see here for the results with 3.1.0.72  (errors for clisp and one for
> sbcl -- Allegros are passing now thanks to your fix):
>

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19667598/asdf-failures/3.1.0.72/clisp-test.text

The asdf-pathname-test failure looks like the same "probe directory
fails on the virtualized disk" issue as discussed before. I assume the
same test works when run from a local disk.

The test-run-program failure is my failing to specify uiop::%system
instead of uiop:%system in the list of functions to trace. Can you try
again? After fixing the trace directive, try:
make t l=clisp t=test-run-program.script

The test-sysdef-asdf error is me being stupid in my Feb 22 commit on
run-program. Reverted with a comment why things are working.
Or maybe I should use a few ensure-absolute-pathname in
with-temporary-file to make things more robust when directory is
changed?
Please test again.

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19667598/asdf-failures/3.1.0.72/sbcl-test.text
This is a case of Users vs users.
I used equalp to avoid a failure.

TEST ABORTED: These two expressions yield paths that are not pathname-equal
the first expression *TEST-DIRECTORY* yields this:
  #P"C:/Users/dcooper8/genworks/cl/tests/asdf/asdf-windows/test/"
  (:HOST #<SB-IMPL::WIN32-HOST {22472481}> :DEVICE "C" :DIRECTORY
   (:ABSOLUTE "Users" "dcooper8" "genworks" "cl" "tests" "asdf" "asdf-windows"
    "test")
   :NAME NIL :TYPE NIL :VERSION NIL)

        the other expression (GETCWD) yields that:
  #P"C:/users/dcooper8/genworks/cl/tests/asdf/asdf-windows/test/"
  (:HOST #<SB-IMPL::WIN32-HOST {22472481}> :DEVICE "C" :DIRECTORY
   (:ABSOLUTE "users" "dcooper8" "genworks" "cl" "tests" "asdf" "asdf-windows"
    "test")
   :NAME NIL :TYPE NIL :VERSION NIL)

Please test again with the latest ASDF and tracing
uiop/run-program::%system with two colons.

Thanks a lot for your support!

When a man says money can do anything, that settles it: he hasn't got any.
                — Edgar Watson Howe