[Asdf-devel] Merging experimental-submodules

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 01:57:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> Now is the time to speak up if there's any reason I should *not* merge
> the experimental-submodules branch, which will make ASDF freestanding by
> pulling in its build dependencies.
>
> I'll probably merge this and push sometime tomorrow.

Well, as for me, I'd rather you somehow rebase -i it into a single
commit (using the squash option) that you then merge into master, than
merge the branch including all of cl-ppcre into master.

So: yes to making the end-result part of master, if possible no to
plain merge'ing the intermediate commits.

Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one
instruction — from which, by induction, one can deduce that every
program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.