[Asdf-devel] startup times and initialize-source-registry

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Aug 26 19:22:05 UTC 2014

Ben Hyde wrote:
> Would changing (:tree <path>) so it accepts an optional argument be less
> adhoc?
>
> Possibly (:tree <path> &key (depth nil)
> (don-not-recure-after-asdf-encountered nil))
>
> That said this would have little if any value in my use case.  I point
> ask it to sweep over my
> the directory where all my coding lives, and most of the directories in
> there are not lisp, and so
> there ain’t any asd files in those.

I think the problem with this is that, as Fare points out, it's the
author of the system who has laid out the directory tree, and who knows
whether or not there are system definitions floating around in it.

Similarly, if the library author makes the modification, that's work for
one person. If the callers do, it's work for everyone.

cheers,