[Asdf-devel] request for test: experimental-submodules branch

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:42:17 UTC 2014

>> Another option: leave it around, but have it default to the ASDF
>> source tree. Best of both worlds?
>
> Yes, that's what I did.  I just pushed a new version of
> experimental-submodules.  If it looks good, I'll merge it into master
> and then we can see about merging it into minimakefile...

Looks good to me.
One command that helps (and that you can put in your Makefile for debugging):

./bin/asdf-builder re '(uiop:writeln (sort
(alexandria:hash-table-alist asdf::*source-registry*) `string< :key
`car))'

>>> This would also be a place to test your new quicker-loading option.
>> Certainly.
>
> OK, I'll look into that next.

I pushed a branch faster-registry. The code change is a fix to uiop
and a disabled-by-default special-variable-controlled option to not
recurse once a .asd file is found. There is also a TODO entry based on
my previous comments on asdf-devel: I believe the solution is to
implement support for a [.]?cl-source-registry[.]conf file that asdf
consults when searching a :tree + a script (part of asdf-tools?) to
for developers, package managers and system administrators to
automatically generate such a file when desired.

Honor among thieves is the ancestor of all honor.  — John McCarthy