[Asdf-devel] request for test: experimental-submodules branch

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Aug 25 23:27:17 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
[...snip...]
>> I changed by ASDF_DEVEL_SOURCE_REGISTRY to point to the local
>> submodules, and this seems to work adequately, but I don't have great tests.
>>
> Actually, the asdf initialization routine could unconditionally
> add the asdf tree to the path: either it's present or not, but it
> doesn't hurt to try,
> and so no need to export ASDF_DEVEL_SOURCE_REGISTRY, then.

I'm not entirely sure about this.  Here's my question: if someone is
developing code in one of those modules, and wants to see if it messes
up ASDF development, might they want to override this to point to
private copies of some or all of the dependencies? In that case, maybe I
should leave it around....

This would also be a place to test your new quicker-loading option.

Very much open to suggestions.

Best,