[Asdf-devel] Some ASDF patches

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 22:20:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> Faré wrote:
>> Dear Robert,
>>
>> I have two local branches with these patches. May I merge into master?
>>
>> The input-string function was added for symmetry while hacking
>> cl-launch, though I ended up not using it, to remain compatible with
>> older versions of uiop.
>>
>> The uiop:getenv bug was discovered while fixing cl-launch regressions
>> on LispWorks.
>>
>> The fasl-op thing is what he had discussed before (only minimally
>> manually tested).
>>
> Hi, Fare -- sorry to be unresponsive.  Some issues with the mailing
> lists took all my limited ASDF time budget this weekend.
>
> Please feel free to push your changes.  I just pushed 3.1.3.1 where I
> removed the obsolete bundle-op classes, and added documentation as a FAQ
> to the manual.

OK, I pushed my changes as 3.1.3.2. (LispWorks bug was in getcwd, not
getenv, and only when *load-pathname* or such was not NIL — then its
directory superseded the getcwd.)

> I'm finding the run-program tests fail for me on Mac OS X, on both SBCL
> and Allegro (haven't tried other lisps yet), which will probably keep me
> from addressing the minimakefile yet AGAIN).  :-(

Oops. What version last passed the tests? Did you check that it was
not an environment change? And if not, bissect to the offending patch?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
        — Robert A. Heinlein