[asdf-devel] ASDF

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 05:45:54 UTC 2013

I suppose it would be better to release 3.0.3 without merging my
branches, and merge my branches afterwards. On the other hand, there
are a few bugs I fixed in my run-program branch, independently from
the new functionality, that I'd like to commit in the master branch
before the release, with your permission:

* the external-format bug in with-temporary-file is shameful. Sorry.
* the stdin / stdout / stderr initialization is better, and allows
run-program to work at all on ECL when in SLIME (or in many other
cases).
* the slight changes in external-format defaults (from :default to utf-8)
 should be done earlier rather than later (for increased consistency)
* the new docstrings are also merge-worthy.

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which
differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are
even incapable of forming such opinions.        — Albert Einstein