[asdf-devel] :depends-on to load-system or require-system?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 20:25:34 UTC 2013

>> ASDF 1 (and 2) failed to propagate timestamps from dependencies to
>> dependents, and a file could appear twice, in two different systems,
>> and not cause a dependency loop.
>
> Do you think that could be why the rogue duplicate reference is there?
> Because it defined something (a macro, perhaps?) such that any changes
> to Goatee's presentation-history.lisp *should* cause other components of
> CLIM to recompile, but did not because of the bug in ASDFs 1&2?

That's very possible. At ITA, such crocks had been used to, as
workarounds for that deep bug in ASDF, and I had to remove them when
upgrading to ASDF 3.

> Killing this should be safe now, if so.

Indeed.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent — Eleanor Roosevelt
But you're only fooling yourself if you can't recognize your superiors — #f