[asdf-devel] New issue with tests

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 23:02:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> Looking at the make file, I see:
>
> # test upgrade is a very long run... This does just the regression tests
> test-all-no-upgrade:
>         @for lisp in ${lisps} ; do \
>                 ${MAKE} test-lisp test-clean-load l=$$lisp || exit 1 ; \
>         done
>
> I think that what's happening is that I'm actually getting a hang in
> test-clean-load on abcl.  Testing test-clean-load separately on ABCL
> exhibits the hang:
>
> $ make test-clean-load l=abcl
> ./test/run-tests.sh -c abcl
> <nothing>
>
> as does:
>
> ./run-tests.sh -c abcl
> <nothing>
>
> I don't really know what test-clean-load is supposed to do, so I can't
> comment further.

test-clean-load is supposed to prove that no warnings of any sort are
emitted while loading ASDF as source code, that are not otherwise
emitted by the implementation when not loading ASDF. Such messages are
not just an aesthetic disgrace, but an actual nuisance in some
situations (rarer now that implementations come with a proper ASDF if
you just (require "asdf")).

Somehow, one of these tests may be failing to exit properly.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases :
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops
moving, subsidize it. — Ronald Reagan (1986)