[asdf-devel] Ready to release?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 19:03:53 UTC 2013

Dear Dave,

unhappily, Allegro Express doesn't come with alisp8 or mlisp8, and
there is no useful output (because of +c ?) in your Windows logs. I
suspect that the errors are due to the base-char vs non-base-char
issues in test-utilities in test-encodings. There is a slight chance
of bug in UIOP's handling of the string hierarchy (are there
intermediate types between base-char and character? between
base-string and string?), and probably the right thing to do is to
find some combination of features based on which to disable some
tests.

So, you're on your own there, although someone else with a full
allegro license (not necessarily on Windows) might help. But it should
be simple. In any case, this should be a release blocker.

Maybe Jesus was right when he said that the meek shall inherit the earth
— but they inherit very small plots, about six feet by three.
        — Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"