patch for allegro8 (was: Re: [asdf-devel] Ready to release?)

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Sun Oct 20 02:51:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> I committed a variant of your patch. See 3.0.2.30.

With this pulled, test-stamp-propagation started failing even more reliably
(on Windows only), usually on the first or second lisp being run.

I remembered reading somewhere (I think some things Gary Byers was saying
on openmcl-devel)  that Windows does not always have particularly
fine-grained timing facilities. So I thought maybe 2 seconds sleep was not
enough to wait before touching files, and increased that to 5 seconds for
Windows, as reflected in the attached patch.

With this change, I ran test-stamp-propagation on all the platforms three
times through, all passing.

For good measure I also bumped the sleep for non-os-windows to 3 seconds
from 2.

Maybe it's not necessary to clear the build/ directory before each set of
tests anymore. I'll play with that a little bit.

Touch is not part of Windows, but it's probably part of either cygwin
> or msys or whichever add-on you run the test scripts with.

Oh ya.  It does work when the lisp is invoked from cygwin. So touch is not
assumed to be there in normal asdf, only during the tests, right? Then no
prob.

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support