[asdf-devel] Re: "Solved"

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 21:07:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure what you call "this behavior", but yes, upgrade to a new
>> ASDF (and getting it fixed if there's a bug) is probably the official
>> solution as long as ASDF is being maintained. In case ASDF falls back
>> into not being actively maintained anymore, you can always override
>> functions, the way we used to do it in ASDF 1 days. Yay for dynamic
>> binding in CL.
>
> Is there a supported way to enumerate preloaded systems?

Preloaded system names are the keys to the hash-table asdf::*preloaded-systems*.

If you feel like there's a need to define a formal interface to them,
we could export a function to list those names and/or those names and
keys. That said, this part of ASDF is probably not going to move any
time soon.

If you're a quiet, law-abiding citizen most of the time but occasionally cut
someone up and bury them in your backyard, you're a bad guy.
        — Paul Graham, "The Power of the Marginal"