[asdf-devel] Patch for UIOP/UTILITY:ENSURE-FUNCTION

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 00:20:45 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> Without the attached patch, I believe the use of a function for output translations is hosed from post asdf-3.0.2 onwards.

Oops. Applied as 3.1.0.3.

> I think ABCL is the only implementation actively using the ability to specify an output translation as a function, as indeed Faré expressly introduced this for us.   ABCL uses a specialized output translation to translate the location of FASLs for ASDF systems stored in jar files (like ABCL’s contribs) which can’t otherwise be expressed in the translation DSL.
>
> I have [committed an asdf-3.0.3.0.1 including this patch][r14583] to ABCL trunk, which I will sync in the near future to ASDF master if this is indeed the correct way to patch the problem.
>
> [r14583]: http://abcl.org/trac/changeset/14583

If you can provide a simple test case to include in the test suite,
that'd be great. I'm feeling too lazy and not concerned enough to
write one. [My, didn't I resign as a maintainer?]

The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he
can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound
to succeed. — Henry Ford