[asdf-devel] Patch for UIOP/UTILITY:ENSURE-FUNCTION

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Nov 2 18:39:20 UTC 2013

Without the attached patch, I believe the use of a function for output translations is hosed from post asdf-3.0.2 onwards.

I think ABCL is the only implementation actively using the ability to specify an output translation as a function, as indeed Faré expressly introduced this for us.   ABCL uses a specialized output translation to translate the location of FASLs for ASDF systems stored in jar files (like ABCL’s contribs) which can’t otherwise be expressed in the translation DSL.

I have [committed an asdf-3.0.3.0.1 including this patch][r14583] to ABCL trunk, which I will sync in the near future to ASDF master if this is indeed the correct way to patch the problem.

[r14583]: http://abcl.org/trac/changeset/14583

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."