[asdf-devel] Detecting non-defsystem dependencies

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 16:01:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I started to implement this idea, but I'm concerned because ASDF
> already defines an unspecialized :before method on OPERATE. Is it safe
> to clobber it? If not, what should I do instead?

Well, I would use a :before method with slightly different specializers
than (operation component), e.g. (operation system), since you're only
interested in systems. (beware: poiu does that, too, on (operation t))

We have actually contrived to invent a new kind of hypocrite. The old
hypocrite, Tartuffe or Pecksniff, was a man whose aims were really worldly and
practical, while he pretended that they were religious. The new hypocrite is
one whose aims are really religious, while he pretends that they are worldly
and practical. — G. K. Chesterton